How To Compress Files Using 7Zip
The actual step-by-step instructions on how to compress files!
- Select the file(s) you want to compress and right-click it.
- From the popup menu select 7Zip -> Add to archive...
- In the dialog box that will appear you need to set the archive name (the topmost textbox) and choose an archive format. The default is 7z, which offers great compression, but beware - if you're going to send the file to a friend or put it online, you should consider choosing the zip format which is better supported by other archivers.
- You can also set the compression level; the default is "Normal" and i's okay in most cases.
- Click "Ok" and wait while the file is compressed.
- Thats it!